“Your 20s are your ‘selfish’ years. It’s a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all the aspects if you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little, and never touch the ground.” – Kyoko Escamilia
1. To Find Yourself – Nothing will teach you more about yourself than learning to survive on your own. You’re not that tweeny 18 year old anymore, but you’re definitely not the 40 something year old sitting on a couch!
2. Freedom – you will experience more freedom to have the world at your fingertips and not feeling controlled by your parents anymore!
3. Your Body – You are more physically fit and capable than you will be later in life. The oohs and ahhs have yet to begin! You will be able to handle the hikes and long days sightseeing better now than later!
4. To Get It Out Of Your System – you will eventually settle down and spend the next 29075238923 hours working your life away until retirement. Do it NOW before you get tied down to your job!
Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!
5. The Experience! – You will learn more about people and the world by traveling and it will benefit you in the office!
Don’t worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be.
6. Friends – You will meet people from all over the world and have fond memories of your time abroad. Then one day, you will be able to go and visit them or they will visit you.
7. Your Credit Card – I’m sure you have already maxed it out and spending that extra money to get through college, so why not a bit more to give you real life experience OUTSIDE of the classroom!
8. An Endless University – your university degree won’t provide you with an unlimited education with real life experience that traveling can provide. There’s only so much you can learn in a book.
9. Social Skills – you will learn to have deep and meaningful, drunken conversations with many people, possibly random other drunks around the world, therefore enhancing your social interactions.
10. You Are More Carefree – In your 20s you’re less likely to second guess your decision to jump out of a plane or paraglide over the ocean.
11. Learning to Budget – you will learn to manage your funds like a pro, especially when you’re looking to go to that next weekend destination. Your mom will love that!
12. Your Stamina – your 20-something year old body can handle partying at the Disco, drinking until 6am and getting up 2-4 hours later, just to do it all over again.
13. Live Life! – Nothing will let you know that you are living your life to full capacity than experiencing what the world has to offer!
14. The Sunsets – You will never be the same once you have experienced a different sunset in every country
“I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
15. Brain Capacity – You haven’t killed all those brain cells from late nights drinking yet, therefore you still lots of room to learn a new language!
16. Learn to Say “Yes” – People always tell you “No, you shouldn’t do that” because they want you to follow a certain path, but you will learn to say “yes” and make your own path in life!
17. Learn to Live a Life Without Regret – if you do what you want now, you won’t live a life of regret and always wishing you had done! Don’t you want to have crazy stories to tell your grand kids!?
18. Less Responsibilities – let’s face it. You probably don’t have many responsibilities at the moment besides your car payment and maybe your dog! Travel now before you start that family and get tied down.
19. Your Metabolism – Eat whatever you want now while you can. Eventually your body wont be able to handle that beer drinking festival and bratwurst contest in Germany!
Vacation calories don’t count!
20. Because it’s AWESOME!! What other excuses do you need to motivate your to stop reading this post and go book a ticket somewhere fantastic and get out there and see the world!!!!!!!
Be sure to check out these other posts