Spring officially arrived just a few days ago and they were glllloriious! I was standing at the bus stop, waiting for the bus and all I could think of was “Hurry up!! I want to get home, put my sandals on and go sit at a beer garden facing the sun!!”
Only for the very next day to turn out to be bitter cold and I had to pull out my peacoat again! The weather certainly can’t make up its mind, therefore, it MUST be Spring!
I normally LOOVE winter, but I found this year to be rather cold and everyone who knows me, knows I am NEVER cold. But this year, I couldn’t wait for it to be over. I am so glad it is finally spring and the weather is warming up, but not fast enough for me! Maybe it’s because I am looking forward to wearing my flowy flower dresses again without being bundled up in layers of sweaters, jackets and scarves!
Here’s how I know Spring has finally arrived just in time for my full blown Spring Fever to start!
- You can now start leaving your windows open for longer than 10 minutes
- Everyone else has their windows open too
- The mornings are finally crisp again
- You want to go to the nearest beer garden and sit facing the sun
- You are struggling with sever Spring Fever and have a hard time sitting indoors, especially at work
- If you’re not in a beer garden, you wish you could just jump out of the window and run away from work to drink a cold beer
- I finally broke out my sandals! (which got me some serious looks!)
- I have began buying summer dresses and hats!
- You’ll probably see people (myself included) taking pictures of flowers finally in bloom
- You can finally pack away all but one of your winter jackets and replace them with cardigans and light jackets
- You can even pack away your gloves, beanies and winter scarfs! Yippie!!
- Your walks are getting longer
- You and every one else in town are down by the local river enjoying the sun/set
- The sunsets are becoming more and more beautiful again as the grey clouds have cleared
- Every now and then the smell of BBQ is already floating through the air
- The tires in your bike have finally been pumped up again
- You and everyone else in town have started riding your bikes EVERYWHERE!
- The birds are starting to chirp again and everyday they get louder
- The streets are becoming more and more crowded as people and tourists flock back to the city center
- You have probably started spring cleaning your house and getting rid of the dust bunnies!
- You are starting to buy more flowers!
- Cafes have finally started putting their chairs and tables outside again, with a little blanket!
- People are beginning to garden like crazy again
- The days are finally getting longer and it is no longer dark at 3pm!
- You might randomly have to get out your one winter jacket for a day or two as the weather dips again
- The farmers have started plowing their fields preparing for the upcoming season
- People are getting excited that “Spargel” Season is coming soon!
- Construction is starting to take over the city again
- You might be suffering from “Frühjahrsmüdigkeit” and might be a bit tired from the change in weather!
- But you’ll chirp right up again when you realize MaiDult is just around the corner!!🙂
- And generally, there are flowers EVERYWHERE!!!